Aim: To represent and advance the viewpoint, awareness or particular take-up of a particular need or issue via various campaigning of policy levers and methods.
Summary: Representing the charities standpoint on various issues via official responses and consultation expertise, supporting campaigns and communication, evidence creation, research and knowledge.
Taking the form of submitted written evidence, oral evidence briefing, consultation reviewing and responses and external facing articles and reports. Alongside this sitting on other various, alliances, panels and advisory boards as an expert contributor.
These have included:
Responses & Inquiries
- EAC Inquiry – Growing a Circular Economy – Providing Keep Britain Tidy written evidence from research on urban recycling and practical Circular Economy experience. Briefing for oral evidence.
- EFRA Inquiry into Defra’s Waste Management in England – Providing Keep Britain Tidy written evidence from research on urban recycling and practical Circular Economy experience. Briefing for oral evidence.
- Waste Management Plan for England – Keep Britain Tidy consultation response
- Waste Prevention Programme for England – Keep Britain Tidy consultation response
- Scotland’s Litter Strategy – Keep Britain Tidy consultation response
- EU Sustainable food – Keep Britain Tidy consultation response in collaboration with EU Fusion
- GreenSpaces for Health & Wellbeing – DCLG and DoH briefing paper on behalf of The Parks Alliance
Alliances & Campaigns
- Energy Bill Revolution – coordinating Keep Britain Tidy’s support and campaigning around this (both externally and internally). Sitting on core EBR team for supporting developing Cold Homes Week 2014
- Campaign for Better Hospital Food – Sustain
- More to Life coalition – Nef
- London Area Pituitary Foundation – Editor and newsletter design
Advising and translation into practical design, engineering and strategic roadmapping implementation
- EU EcoDesign Directive and Energy Labelling for Energy Using Products
- REACH, RoHS, PVC & BFR free
- Integrating Life Cycle Analysis into front end design choices
- BSI Circular Economy Standardisation Committee (IMECHE rep)