Aim: The London Circular Jam aims to bring groups of people together interested to learn more and design around sustainability and the circular action. Putting, talking, sharing and learning into action over a jam packed creative weekend workshop in teams. It is also the London representative of the GLobal Sustainability Jam
Outcome: On the weekend of the 21st to 23rd of November we had more than 40 individuals come together from diverse backgrounds and experiences to come up with ideas and prototypes for more sustainable solutions. Alongside experienced mentors including Frank O’Connor, Mark Shayler, Dr Emma Jefferies, & Chris Thompson to name a few. Also great support from the Fab Lab London, Creative KTN Design SIG with their Horizons tool and not forgetting Admans beer!
- Making water usage more visible and educating children on it
- Connecting children back to where food comes from and how it’s grown
- Reimagining our fast food with a bug restaurant chain
- Tackling the umbrella waste mountain / Eiffel tower
- Caring more for your clothes through adding to and sharing their life passport
- Causing people to stop and think before throwing away and buying new
You can read a summary of it here:
Role: As part of the wonderful volunteer organising group, putting our heads and hands and skills to whatever task needs doing. Blueprint planning, workshop flow, communications and social media, risk assessments, setting up and taking part!
Look out for more from us!