Cultivating Considered Design and Tech for Life
TechnicalNature was founded as a social enterprise, with a focus on cultivating sustainable, ethical and social consideration for the environment and all people, locally and globally, now and in the future. Specialising in particular in eco-design, circular economy and lifecycle thinking for businesses and start-ups. Alongside action learning in education for sustainable lives and careers.
A society that is mindful of it’s impact and the consequences of technology and design to itself, others and the environment. Living with and learning from nature and each other, to create positive change together.
To facilitate, inspire change and provide practical action towards a sustainable, fair society and positive design consequences connected with nature and our collective humanity
Connecting and utilising technical insight and expertise to identify and address real needs and root causes across disciplines to make sustainable change happen.
- Inspiring and facilitating a faster change to more environmentally, efficient and socially beneficial products, technologies and systems
- Building in environmental and social impact considerations of products, technology and systems from the start
Growing through collaboration in sustainable design and strategy for products, business models, campaigns and programmes
Human insight and collaboration is essential for developing and sustaining projects and programmes that address and create positive social and environmental impact
- Support the development and increase the effectiveness of environmental and social impact projects and programmes through their design and impact measurement
- Bring people together, engage and collaborate with stakeholders across sectors and the supply chain
Seeding connections and integrating nature for wellbeing and creativity, exploring human and tech considerations and consequences in work and life
Creativity, design approaches and techniques can be used for problem solving, creative thinking, inspiring and engaging audiences and stakeholders, contributing to sustainability, happiness and wellbeing for others and to those involved, now and in the future
- To build capacity and integrate creative design approaches into organisations for increasing their impact
- To use creativity to support communication of environmental and social benefits of lower impact lifestyles, products and services.
Nurturing creativity for good through design, nature, workshops, engagement and art
When combined these perspectives can be powerful tools for achieving positive design consequences, now and in the future for all.
Get to the root of the problem and identify and find the best solution to real needs.
Treating people as citizens first not consumers
Provide an authentic service or product that will help to improve lives and at the same time consider and bring positive impact to others and the environment.
Recognising the benefits of Nature to our work, surroundings and wellbeing
Stepping-back, questioning, connecting and creating positive design consequences
- Bespoke in-house design and business strategy consultations in sustainability – from getting your house in order to innovating opportunities
- Introductory or in-depth sustainable design and business workshops, in a range of forms: training sessions, accelerators, incubators, “hackathons”, design jams
- COMMUNICATING: Talks, Blogs and Research on emerging sustainable topics and trends
- Creative collaboration and mentoring with individuals, startups and other organisations looking to understand and integrate sustainability into their work and life